brendan focuses much of his efforts on community leadership programs, while also working heavily in subject areas such as instructional design, applied research and leadership assessments. he has expertise with a variety of leadership, social and communication styles assessments, including emergenetics©. in addition to his work in community leadership, leahy also works on a variety of fanning institute programs and initiatives, including those focused on leadership development in a wide array of contexts, youth leadership development, general facilitation and organizational and community strategic planning.
before joining the fanning institute, brendan served as president for leadership plus and associates in athens and the uga coordinator for the scitrain university initiative, a project of the u.s. department of education and a partnership between the georgia institute of technology and uga. he has also worked with the georgia department of education, northeast georgia learning resource system and anderson and ward educational services.
- 2002, ed. d. in adult education, university of georgia
- 1998, m. ed. in adult education, university of georgia
- 1995, b. a. in education, with a concentration in learning disabilities, boston college
areas of expertise
- chamber of commerce assistance
- community leadership program development
- facilitation and facilitation training
- leadership curriculum development
- outdoor leadership experience
- regional leadership development
- strategic planning
- youth leadership program development